Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice...


... thats what little girls are made of.

I throughly enjoyed getting to take pictures of Jamie and little McKenzie on Wednesday. I love babies of all ages, but it is so much fun to work with babies when they start reacting to you - their smiles and expressions change moment by moment and you never know what you will capture. McKenzie was just about 14 weeks old and such a sweetheart.

I am often asked when the best time to take pictures of babies is - for newborn shots, I advise taking photos between 4-12 days old. After that it is best to wait until the baby is 3-4 months and can push up while on their stomach and lift their head. If you are lucky, even at this later age, the little one will eventually lose the battle with sleep and you can get some of the classic newborn-esque shots that we all love.

Here are just a few of my favorites...













No comments:

Post a Comment