Thursday, January 14, 2010

And Two Become One...

On Tuesday, December 29th, I drove to Bellefonte for what I expected to be a very different wedding. Well, the wedding was different, but not at all in the ways I expected.
Lauren and Mike chose to have a small wedding at the Bellefonte courthouse with a dinner reception following at the Gamble Mill. I ignorantly feared that since this wedding wasn't the traditional wedding I attend year round that I wouldn't have the same emotional connection that I normally have to the couple and the event. I couldn't have been more wrong.
This small gathering of only family and the closest friends welcomed me into the fold the moment I walked in the door. By the time Lauren stepped into her dress, I had tears pricking the corners of my eyes, and when the Judge pronounced them Husband and Wife in her small chambers there was not a dry eye in the room. This was the joining of not only two individuals, but two families who have pledged themselves to encourage and support this new couple as they walk the road of married life.

There were laughter, tears, and hugs abounding - leaving an impression on me that will not easily or quickly be forgotten.

These are just a few of my favorites from the night:

No comments:

Post a Comment